Welcome to Flashcard Machine a free service for creating web-based study flashcards that can be shared with others.
With over 82.9 million flash cards created to-date, Flashcard Machine is your premier online study tool.
Get started by registering here.
Students Create flash cards to study for your next exam. Share them with your classmates and friends.
Teachers Create flash cards for your students. Build customized pages for each of your classes to better organize your cards.
Professionals Create flashcards for your certification exam, court case, etc. Share them with your colleagues.
Study your flashcards on your iPhone®, iPod touch®, and iPad® with our app available on the App Store.
Study on your Android device with our app available on the Android Market.
Flashcard Machine is updated regularly with new and exciting features to help you study. The most recent enhancements include:
- Added auto-flip to iPhone app.
- Flashcard Machine now available on Kindle®.
- Enhanced audio features to allow recording from microphone.
- Added one side at a time option for index card print mode.
- Added Quiz Me mode to Android app.
- FlaschardDB favorites can now be added to Flashcard Pages.
- When studying in ascending or descending order, you can now specify which card # to start from.
- Redesigned the FlashcardDB and added the ability to rate sets.
- Cards can now be uploaded from the mobile apps to the web site.
- We now have an app available in Android Market.
- Improvements to the Quick Editor.
- We now offer an ad-free version of the site for supporting members.
- Added a getting started guide.
- Saved study sessions can now be accessed via MyFlashcards.
- Added the option of creating folders for organizing cards.
- Favorites can now be synced to the iPhone® app.
- Added a multiple choice quiz feature.
- Enhanced the import feature to support XLSX files.
- Added the ability to move/copy flagged cards between sets.
- Enhanced image management.
- Auto-flip can now be paused during a study session.
- Additional printing options to support six cards per page and 5x8 index cards.
- Added an option to set a default alignment for card content.
- Added additional printing options to allow printing of only flagged or specified cards.
- Sets on Flashcard Pages can now be printed.
- Favorited sets can now be included in multiple set study sessions.
- Read-only flash card sets can now be favorited like those in the FlashcardDB.
- Added printing support to read-only sets.
- Enhanced flashcard importer.
- Added a spell checker to the advanced editor.
- A complete re-design!
- Better support for international characters.
- Added search functionality to MyFlashcards.
- Searching by author within the FlashcardDB is now supported.
- Added top contributors section to home page.
- Added more donation options.
- Re-ordering cards now supports alphabatizing by term or definition.
- Added the ability to save your position in a study session for later review.
- Font styles can be applied to the set as whole in addition to each individual card.
- Cards can now be flagged from within the quick editor.
- Infrastructure upgrades.